Sweet Potato Chickpea Quinoa Burgers
Makes 14. Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
As most of you know, I don’t eat meat. I haven’t for a little over a year now, so I’m definitely not the authority on burgers. However, I can make a mean veggie burger—even my meat loving brother approves.
My mom forwarded me a recipe recently for these quinoa burgers that she was excited to try, and we had leftover cooked quinoa and sweet potato so we decided to give it a go!
They’re extremely easy to make and come together quickly. I recommend giving them a try. The original recipe says that it makes 8 burgers, but I must’ve made mine smaller because I ended up with 14.
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
- ~1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 small sweet potato (cooked and diced)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 C parsley
- 3 C cooked quinoa
- 1/2 C oats (roughly ground)
- 1 egg
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and sauté the garlic and onion until its softened and slightly browned.
- Place the onion mixture, chickpeas, cooked sweet potato, spices, and parsley in a food processor. Blend until it begins to clump and get smooth but still has noticeable chunks.
- Place mixture in bowl and combine with the quinoa, oats, and egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide burger mixture into patties (mine made 14) and place them on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or freeze to save for later.
These can be cooked in a pan with some oil, which gives them more texture on the outside, or baked at 350 degrees for roughly 30-45 minutes (flipping halfway through).
- kimonope likes this
- simplyhealthy8 reblogged this from berryhealthy
- gourmortem reblogged this from joyofhealth
- forthesoulheartandmind likes this
- ashleyfitness321 likes this
- handsomekoala likes this
- fleeting-absence likes this
- wannabethinfast likes this
- wannabethinfast reblogged this from joyofhealth
- martialmermaid likes this
- unearthlyparadise likes this
- lanabananna93 likes this
- thepainsofdetox reblogged this from joyofhealth and added:
- avopeia likes this
- biiinilein likes this
- jdiggy13 likes this
- guilty-free-food reblogged this from joyofhealth
- puffedsleeves likes this
- nusentanu reblogged this from joyofhealth
- kitkoppelia reblogged this from berryhealthy
- livestrong-standtall likes this
- teenrunningvegan likes this
- mouchscara likes this
- uninvitedfiasco likes this
- this-shining-ruby likes this
- manapoga likes this
- stuff-things likes this
- electricmistressss reblogged this from joyofhealth
- cauliflowerqueen likes this
- m-erahmuda likes this
- hellodasha likes this
- gettingjigglywithit reblogged this from berryhealthy
- fitblrmanila reblogged this from joyofhealth
- healthy-lucy likes this
- adipocyten likes this
- misswitchdoctor likes this
- mekkah likes this
- kaleidoscopedrunk likes this
- apocketfulofdreams reblogged this from sunnythunderstorms
- bettyrumble likes this
- sunnythunderstorms reblogged this from joyofhealth
- thighslap likes this
- mussclenotskinandbones reblogged this from strivingachievingliving
- strivingachievingliving reblogged this from berryhealthy
- laila9284 likes this
- insane-health reblogged this from joyofhealth
- factsofmatter likes this
- dancingbetweenthenumbers reblogged this from berryhealthy